Studies of the sea surface in the coastal area and for support of satellite observations.
Two-polarization high resolution radar with digital interface forms radar images, with which following tasks can be solved:
During 1999–2005 the instrument was used in a number of field experiments. In the present time the coherent radar is developed with the range resolution less then 0.5 m and ability to measure the Doppler spectra of backscattered by the sea surface signals.
- measurements of spatial-frequency spectra of sea waves,
- measurements of the surface currents,
- determination of an interchange of energy between the ocean and the atmosphere from to the observations of the surface wave breaking,
- detection of sea surface pollution,
- determination of the sea bottom topography.
Pulse Power 6
repetition frequency 2000
range gates 256
General view of Radar
M. Raev, Head of laboratory
M. Bulatov, Head of laboratory +7(495)333-35-33, email@example.com