Hughes STX Corporation
Code 695 at Goddard Space Flight Center,
Born in Mexico City. Received Bachelors in Science degrees in Physics and in Mathematics from the University of Texas at Austin, and Masters in Science and Doctorate in Physics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Doctoral thesis was on the effect of equilibrium flow for heating of laboratory and space plasmas. In 1990 joined Hughes STX Corporation to work at Goddard Space Flight Center on magnetospheric physics.
Greenbelt, MD 20771.
E-mail: email@example.com, or ISTP::PEREDO.
Head of the ISTP Science Planning and Operations Facility and member of the GSFC Magnetospheric Modeling Group. Head of the Hughes STX Space Physics and Multidisciplinary Science Group supporting the GSFC Space Science Data Operations Office.
Some recent publications:
- "Three-dimensional position and shape of the bow shock and their variation with Alfvénic, sonic and magnetosonic Mach numbers and interplanetary magnetic field orientation," M. Peredo, J. A. Slavin, E. Mazur, and S. A. Curtis, J. Geophys. Res., 100, 7907, 1995.
- "ISTP Science Data Systems and Products," W. H. Mish, J. L. Green, M. G. Reph, and M. Peredo, Space Science Rev., 71, 815, 1995.
- "New Geomagnetic Limits on the Photon Mass and on Long-Range Forces Co-existing with Electromagnetism," E. Fischbach, R. A. Langel, A. T. Y. Lui, and M. Peredo, Phys. Rev. Lett., 73, 514, 1994.
- "Analytical models of the magnetic field of disk-shaped current sheets," N. A. Tsyganenko, and M. Peredo, J. Geophys. Res., 99, 199, 1994.
- "Scientific Visualization Tools for the ISTP Project: Mission Planning, Data Analysis and Model Interpretation," M. Peredo, C. C. Goodrich, D. McNabb, R. Kulkarni, and J. Lyon, in Developments and Applications of Data Handling and Visualization Tools to Space and Atmospheric Sciences, E. Szuszczewicz and J. Bredekamp, Editors, NASA Special Publication, 1994.
- "Satellite Situation Center Data System for Magnetospheric Science Planning," L. Aist-Sagara, J. F. Cooper, R. E. McGuire, R. Parthasarathy, and M. Peredo, in Developments and Applications of Data Handling and Visualization Tools to Space and Atmospheric Sciences, E. Szuszczewicz and J. Bredekamp, Editors, NASA Special Publication, 1994.