The favourable spatial position criterion
- The FSP UT-intervals corresponds to the
INTERBALL TAIL PROBE (IB_1) or GEOTAIL passage
through the simulative boundary layer (BL)
or CUSP region.
- For the INTERBALL AURORAL PROBE
(IB_2), INTERBALL MAGION 5 (IB_MAG5), and POLAR
the time intervals of the passage through the cusp
region, or diurnal (6 h < MLT < 18 h) auroral region
& polar cap are selected in frame of the FSP time intervals.
- The magnetic conjugations between mentioned SC are
considered as well in the frame of the FSP time - intervals.
- The magnetic conjugation criterion is the value of the geocentrical
angular distance between footprints of the magnetic field lines
passing trough the SC positions.
Two SC are in the magnetic conjugation if the mentioned value
is less then 5 deg.
- The Tsyganenko 87 (KP = 2) + IGRF magnetic field model are
used during magnetic mapping, the stop trace - 110 km.
Dated 24 February 2000