INTERBALL orbital situation status
during the season 1999/2000
Let me draw your attention to the INTERBALL orbital
situation status during the season 1999 -2000.
- Now Tail probe and Magion 5 (sub/satellite of the Auroral probe) orbits are in such relative space position which is similar to the one (between Tail Probe and Auroral probe) in the early stage of the INTERBALL flight in the 1996/1997.
- This position for the early stage of the INTERBALL project was especially selected and realized in the correspondence with scientific requirements. Later this position was broken due of the different evolution of the both orbits. Now the orbits are turned back to the required position.
- The Magion 5 orbit to be very close to the orbit of the
Auroral probe is in the same position relative to the Tail
Probe orbit. This position of the orbits provides the
existence of the magnetic conjugations between Tail Probe and
- The predicted for October, November and December 1999 UT
time, coordinates and regions of these magnetic conjugations
are available via the WWW home page as follows:
- The mentioned investigations will be continued
26 October, 1999