The exploration of the planets figured prominently in the Space Research Institute (IKI) activity. Experimental studies are given priority. They are conducted by methods of optical and infrared spectrometry, photometry and infrared radiometry, mass-specrometry, gas chromatography, and X-ray fluorescent spectrometry.
Meteorological measurements are taken on the surface and in the atmospheres of other planets.
Alongside experimental studies considerable attention is given to the elaboration of theoretical problems, mainly in the field of the simulation of processes in planetary atmospheres, including the early stages of their evolution.
- Planetary spectroscopy
- Direct physical and chemical studies of planets
- Dynamics of planetary atmospheres
- Photometry and IR-radiometry
- Optical studies of upper planetary atmospheres
- Mass-spectrometry of plasma and gases
Missions and experiments
Some Images of Interplanetary Probes
Solar System Data Archive (SSDA) contains data sets passed through various levels of processing: the telemetry data and processed data. Telemetry data are grouped according to project name.
The processed data are divided into:
- the planetary data subdivided into
- the data collected by the spacecraft in the way from Earth to planets subdivided into
interplanetary space sections.
The SSDA includes also information in the form of templates in the PDS format. The SSDA includes also public domain data of some non-Russian planetary missions of interest for Russian users.
Links to our partners' home pages:
PDS Home Page
Planetary Sciences at the NSSDC