THE SECOND INFORMATION MESSAGE
Pursuant to decision of III Intergovernmental Summit of the Remote Sensing of the Earth (Tokyo, April 25, 2004) is planned to create an international system of global observation of the Earth.
For developing of the scientific concept and the programs of global monitoring of the Earth from space and pursuant to the disposal of Presidium of Russian Academy of Sciences # 10310-717 (August 11, 2004) Space Research Institute RAS and Center of Space Observations of the Russian Space Agency during November 16-18, 2004 conduct the Second Opened All-Russia conference “Current Aspects of Remote Sensing of the Earth from Space (Physical basics, methods and monitoring technologies of an environment, potentially of dangerous phenomena and objects)”.
The first conference was held in Space Research Institute (IKI RAS) during November 10-12, 2003. A hundred thirty (130) presentations and reports were submitted, a hundred twenty (120) participants from 45 organizations have presented the plenary and sectional reported. You can read the thesis’s of the reports on the site of our first conference.
The second Opened All-Russia conference “Current Aspects of Remote Sensing of the Earth from Space (Physical basics, methods and monitoring technologies of an environment, potentially of dangerous phenomena and objects)” is conducted at participation:
- Center for Forest Ecology and Productivity of Russian Academy of Sciences (CFEP RAS)
- Institute of Radioengineering and Electronics of Russian Academy of Sciences (IRE RAS)
- Solar-Terrestrial Physics Institute of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (STPI SB RAS)
- Atmosphere Optics Institute of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (AOI SB RAS)
- Shirshov Oceanology Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Center of the Ecology Safety of Russian Academy of Sciences
- RNII KP of Russian Space Agency
- NIC “Planeta” Rosgidromet of Russian Federation
- Yugorsky NII of Informational Technology
- Advice on Space of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute for Cosmophysical Research and Aeronomy (IKFIA)
- Institute of Geography of Russian Academy of Sciences
We suppose to discuss the directions of remote sensing related with monitoring of condition of a land cover, ocean, atmosphere and vegetation on the conference on the following directions:
IKI location (near Kaluzhskaya metro station)
A. Questions of creation and usage of satellite monitoring systems of a condition of the environment, natural resources, potentially of dangerous phenomena and objects.
B. Physical basics of methods of definition of a different environmental parameters, potentially of dangerous phenomena and objects with using of remote sensing data.
C. Methods, algorithms both technologies of processing and usage of the satellite information.
In the framework of conference we would like to invite you to participate in Northern Eurasian GOFC/GOLD Fire Network Workshop “Satellite-based fire monitoring network in Northern Eurasia: Methods, Data Products, Applications”, which will take place on November 17, 2004 in the Space Research Institute in Moscow, Russia. It is held in support of the Northern Eurasia Earth Science Partnership Initiative (NEESPI).
During conference the realization of specialized section dedicated problems of long-term monitoring of land ecosystems, and round table for arguing urgent questions of development of the Russian projects and satellite monitoring systems is planned also.
Submission of presentation’s thesis
Authors of presentations and posters can send abstracts as MSWord format by e-mail email@example.com or by post
Lavrova Olga Yur’evna, science secretor of conference,
Space Research Institute RAS
117997, Russia, Moscow, Profsoyuznaya str. 84/32
Abstracts should be sent up to September 15, 2004. During of preparing the abstracts you have to abide the following requirements:
The abstracts will be published before the beginning of the conference. The information on conference is submitted on a site of conference. On materials of conference is planned to issue the proceedings.
- The text of abstracts should start with a title of the report.
- On the next string - surname and initials of authors (reporter name should be stressed).
- On the next string - name of organizations, post and e-mail address's, telephone number.
- Abstract text should be prepared on A4 pages in MS WORD format, Times NR font, all the margins should be 20 mm each, one and a half line space, 12 nm.
- The volume of abstracts should not exceed 250 words.
- Usage of figures and tables in abstracts is not enabled.
- Under the text of thesis’s it is necessary to write a direction, on which one the report is represented.
- The way of reporting (oral or poster).
- Requirements for hotel (number of places in it).
Submitting of abstracts is up to September 15, 2004.
The agenda of conference will be published on site on October 1, 2004
Registration via internet site is up to October 15, 2004
Terms of working of the conference are November 16–18, 2004